RE: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

Correct.  The "public space" on the internet is a web site.
Anybody can set up their own web site.  There are even a whole
slew of places that will let you set one up for free.

A kind of halfway point between public and private are
newsgroups.  These are truely public bulletin boards, but
each has a charter and off-topic postings are not welcome.
In there is usually a groups somewhere where what you want
to say is on-topic, it's a matter of finding the right one
(or creating a new alt.whatever group).

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!