RE: [dvd-discuss] e: portscanning

port scanning is More like turning the door handle or checking if the door
is locked. As you point out it's all the time spent figuring out how to
get into it that shows what their real intent is...Port scanning is one of
those internet activities that it should be up to the ISPs to either stop
its users from sending out the scans or should monitor incoming scans
rather than having the government step in and make yet another halfbaked
law. BTW- Earthlink's policy is that using "ping" is a violation of the
service agreement.

Noah silva <nsilva@atari-source.com>
10/22/01 09:29 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss