RE: Re[2]: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

--- Scott A Crosby <crosby@qwes.math.cmu.edu> wrote:

> > As long as due process is strictly observed, the final outcome is
> > completely acceptable.
>
> Its not.
>
> Remember, MAPS is a secret; the blacklist is secret, the deliberations
> they use when adding to the blacklist are secret. I don't call this due
> process.

First, private entities don't owe you due process, nor do they owe you an
explaination for why they ostracize you.

If I want to delegate filtering according to the MAPS list without needing to
know the details, I am free to do that. If I change my mind I can ask to see
the list. When they refuse, per their policy, I can change my email provider.