Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

--- Michael.A.Rolenz@aero.org wrote:
> There are billions upon billions of internet transactions daily....that
> approach would add multitudes of complexity

Huh? Nothing here is transaction specific. My position is that ISP's should
state their filtering policy, if any, and then be bound by it contractually.
When they contract with backbone bandwidth providers, they get the same deal
and have to disclose the filtering policy to their customers.

If I hire an ISP to provide "internet access" then if MAPS is used to block
email to me, then I've be defrauded.

If I hire an ISP to provide "internet access with optional MAPS blocking" then
that's fine as long as they don't block somebody not on MAPS.