Re: [dvd-discuss] SSSCA Hearing on Oct. 25

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Noah silva wrote:

> You can always include the "security" features in the "free" (and I am
> assuming Open Source) software.  Just make them conditional defines to
> it's easy to recompile it without even having to look at the code ;)

Not if by 'secure' they mean locked down with digital control technology
like: http://www.trustedpc.org/home/home.htm

There's no way that linux will get this; because mere users can modify the
source code for their kernel. IMHO, TrustedPC is the real goal of this
legistlation.

Scott