RE: [dvd-discuss] Hang the RIAA in their own noose.

WRT to the script kiddies, I wasn't referring to their spending a little
time to write the tools but the time the tool spends executing. I don't
make a distinction between typing in all that stuff personally and writing
a scritpt to do it automatically. The time spend doing the "picking" is
what counts.

I think the question of the fence really comes down to how often I try to
get through it. If you keep walking into it and moving over and suddenly
find a break in it, I'm not as inclined to call it inadvertant. Similarly,
if someone is scanning all the TCP ports on a computer  and keeps hitting
the invisible wall that is also a type of message that says keep out.
Suddenly finding the open port and leaping through it accidently doesn't
sound like much of a defense. OTOH IF I just happend to be walking with my
eyes closed and just happend to walk through the fence at the right place,
then by some wierd sort of circumstances a technial trespass occured and
it's up to the court to decide if my defense is valid or not and what the
punishment should bet - but I should get my day in court rather than the
owner of the property judging and executioning.

Jeme A Brelin <jeme@brelin.net>
10/19/01 02:00 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss