Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

I don't have the references but I have seen some proposals that ISPs be
forced to use MAPS. But the problem with your statement that "if the EFF wants the government to force ISP's not to use MAPS, then this
also violates free speech (their client's right to select what speech is
received)." is that when the ISPs use maps their clients (ME) don't get the right to
recieve what speech is recieved. Neither does the ISP ever tell me when it
makes changes in what MAPS sites it blocks. (although the alternative of
having the ISPs provide user MAP lists at their servers doesn't look like
a viable alternative).

Bryan Taylor <bryan_w_taylor@yahoo.com>
10/19/01 11:07 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss