RE: [dvd-discuss] Hang the RIAA in their own noose.

In the Wired News article I posted the link to earlier
their representitive states that they believe they already
have that right.

Here we go ... http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47552,00.html

In an interview Friday, RIAA lobbyist Mitch Glazier
[...]
"We might try and block somebody," Glazier said. "If we know someone is
operating a server, a pirated music facility, we could try to take measures
to try and prevent them from uploading or transmitting pirated documents."

The RIAA believes that this kind of technological "self-help" against online
pirates, if done carefully, is legal under current federal law. But the RIAA
is worried about the USA Act banning that practice
[...]

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!