Re: [dvd-discuss] Music biz wants tougher DMCA, CPRM 2 toprotectcopyright

They only thing that will stop this is when the copyright industry
understands that this sort of behavior is not in their best interests.
Large legal liability exposure might be a really  goo place to start.
Make sure that not only the media companies, but their technology
"collaborators" feel the heat**.

I really think we should consider "abuse of copyright" "collusion"
"price-fixing" "consumer rights/consumer fraud" class action against
these guys.  I wrote a (admittedly very flawed and non-legally savvy)
proposal for a class action suit on the Twiki -- it's broken but it has
an "edit" button on the bottom of each page.

Dean Sanchez wrote:

> They're at it again.  It's obvious that the industry believes that
> citizens should only have the 'rights' that the industry is willing to
> grant.

.002

** I'm involved with a streaming content standards organizations, and
when I bring up to them the potential for legal liability in
creating/support TPM's (for example the current case against the CD
anti-copy technology, or some ADA challenge -- it get their attention.
A big lawsuit against the SMDI, CPRM, 3C, 4C, 5C bodies would be enough
to make the rest of the industry far more circumspect about
colloboration I think.