Re: [dvd-discuss] More Copy Protection

> The nice thing is that he just gives you a receipt with a date on it and
> he doesn't have to worry about keeping track of rental accounts or
> anything.  (And considering the type of video that is his stock-in-trade,
> the fewer databases, the better... if you catch my meaning.)

lol
"those" kinds of videos I can buy like 10 for $1 at chinatown he he..

> Is there any reason we couldn't do this with CDs?

I don't see why not, but I would definatly seek a lawyor previous to
opening the store.  Also, you would need a way to advertize it being a
rental place, but without actually calling it that enough to get in
trouble (assuming you could for renting them).

> Oh, man, I'm going to make a mint.  I especially like the idea of selling
> MD equipment at the same location.

seriously, I don't know about equipment, but they sell MD disks, lables,
etc. at all the CD rental places in Japan.  Blank CD-Rs might go over
better here.

> And we can sell Midiman CO3 digital converters for the various
> input/output formats (oh, and it'll strip SCMS if you need it to).

strip SCMS - isn't that circumvention?
Honestly.. I don't get SCMS because if you have an MD deck with digital
out, it is decompressed anyhow, so I wouldn't want it.  I'd rather go back
to the CD and get the origional form.

> Who's with me?

I know a nice location here by my work to open shop ;>

I though about combining it:

dr. noah's CD rental shop and internet cafe.  (anyone here ever been to
"easy everything" ?)

  -- noah