Re: [dvd-discuss] More Copy Protection

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, D. C. Sessions wrote:

> There's already case law establishing that used CD sales are legal.
> So all the shop needs to do is sell the CD, and accept returns for
> somewhat less than they sell for.  Deposit and rental all taken care
> of at once.

lol

The funny thing is I can't see how anyone could sue if you used that
strategy.  Not only that, but I know people that actually do things like
that at places like wallmart that always let you return things at full
price, no questions asked.  (I would avoid the word "rental" though).

 -- noah silva