RE: [dvd-discuss] Re: Sen. Hollings plans to introduce DMCAsequel: The SSSCA

Sorry to reply to my own post, but this is important:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> I promise you that the perceived need to "beef up anti-terrorist
> security" will require a greater restriction on civil liberties.
>
> Also note that the cause of these bombings is the US undermining the
> sovereignty of foreign nations... limiting civil liberties (particularly
> the right of self-rule)... in the name of corporate power.
>
> The World Trade Center and the Department of Defense are obvious symbolic
> targets as "free" world trade and US military intervention are the primary
> means by which the US undermines foreign sovereignty.

That said, I am sickened and saddened by the loss of life in these events
and my heart goes out to the families effected by this disaster.

If only those responsible on both sides could duke it out mano a
mano.  But, alas, I think we're more in line with sentiments like "an eye
for an eye."

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin