RE: [dvd-discuss] Re: Sen. Hollings plans to introduce DMCAsequel: The SSSCA

fOn Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Richard Hartman wrote:
> Those who sacrifice freedom for a sense of security deserve neither.
> -Benjamin Franklin
>
> There is the archetypical "Anti SSSCA" slogan.

Remember this when you see the results of today's bombings.

I promise you that the perceived need to "beef up anti-terrorist
security" will require a greater restriction on civil liberties.

Also note that the cause of these bombings is the US undermining the
sovereignty of foreign nations... limiting civil liberties (particularly
the right of self-rule)... in the name of corporate power.

The World Trade Center and the Department of Defense are obvious symbolic
targets as "free" world trade and US military intervention are the primary
means by which the US undermines foreign sovereignty.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin