Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: Sen. Hollings plans to introduce DMCAsequel: The SSSCA

Jeremy A. Erwin writes:

 > Some divisions of IBM are truly
 > interested in Linux--others (the cash register divisions seem to be oft
 > mentioned) are more interested in keeping specs proprietary. Don't
 > expect philosophical consistency from IBM. (The most consistently "evil"
 > corporation that list is, IMHO, Matsushita (Panasonic, Technics, etc)

Granted --- but the "Peace, Love, Linux" ad campaign seems designed to
convey the opposite impression.  (They're putting quite a bit of money
into it --- I've seen billboards and ridden in completely bought-out
subway cars in both New York and Boston, in addition to seeing the
aforementioned graffiti).

rst