Re: [dvd-discuss] Microsoft Reader encryption broken too

On Tuesday 04 September 2001 08:27, you wrote:
> So if the media becomes Damaged one can remove the TPM?....I doubt that
> congress considered that If one deliberately damages the media, one can
> then claim to be allowed to circumvent....but that is the danger of
> allowing TPMs coupled with proprietary standards, cartels, and the like.

Perhaps, but this only works if you have the skills to create a "circumvention
device" on the spot.  Otherwise, you're "traficing in circumvention devices"
and the exemption does not apply.

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+