Re: [dvd-discuss] Microsoft Reader encryption broken too

http://www.loc.gov/copyright/1201/anticirc.html

Of the two exemptions, the second one exempts tpm's that "fail to permit access
because of malfunction, damage, or obsolescence."

I take it as a positive thing because such an exemption, by it's very existence,
says that the law recognizes that circumvention technology can, and must, exist,
also. It would be informative to know what is considered to be one that is allowed.

Since circumventions tools have become the equivalent of snakes to copyright, it
would help to which ones are not poisonous..

mickeym